Searchable abstracts of presentations at key conferences in endocrinology

ea0051oc5.5 | Oral Communications 5 | BSPED2017

Uterine development: the effect of induction of puberty with oestrogen in primary Amenorrhoea

Burt Elizabeth , Pimblett Antoinette , Talaulikar Vikram , Yasmin Ephia , Mavrelos Dimitri , Davies Melanie , Conway Gerard

Introduction: The uterus develops during puberty and increases not only in length but also in width and depth, to achieve a mature shape. Pubertal induction with exogenous oestradiol aims to mimic this. Research to date shows variable results for the attainment of an adult uterine configuration in females with hypogonadism. Suboptimal uterine development is hypothesised to be a contributing factor for adverse reproductive outcomes in females with hypogonadism undergoing egg do...

ea0059p197 | Reproduction | SFEBES2018

Reproductive Life Course Project: Preliminary data from UK Turner Syndrome Pregnancy audit

Burt Elizabeth , Pimblett Antoinette Cameron , Donohoe Mollie , Calanchini Matilde , Morton Claire , Smyth Arlene , Brooke Antoinia , Gleeson Helena , Simpson Helen , Turner Helen E , Davies Melanie C , Conway Gerard S

Turner Syndrome (TS) affects 1:2500 females and is caused by the partial or complete loss of one X chromosome. About 80% of women with TS experience primary amenorrhea and therefore the only option for fertility treatment is ovum donation (OD). The remaining 20% may have the opportunity for a spontaneous pregnancy. Pregnancy in women with TS has been associated with excess obstetric risk such as miscarriage and hypertension. Maternal mortality has been estimated to be 2% risk ...